Friday, July 25, 2014

So You Seek




This was written many, many years ago (early 80’s) by my friend, Kim Warnock, and myself. We put it to music and sang it at church and youth functions. I started talking to Kim again after all these years on Facebook and thought about her when I put this on my site. “Hope you like to see it again, Kim!”


         
SO YOU SEEK

Verse 1:
So you seek to build my kingdom
And to follow my command
But you find it hard to come to me
To grasp and hold my hand

And these things which you desire
Are what you're searching for
It's the way to find your place with me
The key to every door

Chorus:
It may be hard, but try to see
If you want Zion, just come to me
Take that first step and don't look back
I'll give you love and strength you lack
And strength you lack

Verse 2:
Temptations are all around you
And Satan wants your soul
But the path to your deliverance
Should be your only goal

And when you're down and feeling lonely
And you don't know where to turn
Pray to me and ask of me
In your heart my love will burn … <chorus>

Verse 3:
Seek and ye shall find
Knock and the door shall be opened unto you
These words are in the Bible
And you know that they are true

If you follow in my footsteps
And listen to your heart
The answers that you search for
Is the place you need to start … <chorus>

No comments:

Post a Comment