Friday, July 25, 2014

New Star on the Horizon




I wrote this many years ago and only just found it recently. It has a silly little tune to it, but it’s not bad. I wrote in a car on the way to Texas staring out the window watching the stars.


         
THERE'S A NEW STAR ON THE HORIZON

Chorus:
There's a new star on the horizon
A new star beckoning me
There's a new star on the horizon
And it's calling out to me

Verse 1:
Little star up in the sky
What mysteries beneath you lie?
Tell your story proud and true
And I will follow you ... <chorus>

Verse 2:
With my life ahead of me
There's so much left to do
So little star be a guide for me
And I will follow you ... <chorus>

Verse 3:
I'm on the road to a better place
Where the streets are paved with gold
For I followed the light of a little start
And did as I was told ... <chorus>

Verse 4:
I've reached my castle in the sky
And my rewards are great
For the little start has led me
To the heavenly gates ... <chorus>

No comments:

Post a Comment