Friday, July 25, 2014

Early Morning Thoughts



For some reason I was thinking about my mom and dad.  It's almost 20 years since I lost my mom and 10 years my dad.  I guess it's the music I was playing - my playlist of "tear jerkers."

Funny that you miss your family the most early in the morning when the house is quiet, a cat is sitting on the computer watching me type, and no one is awake but me.  And me ... sitting here crying over songs about "Dance with My Father" and "Christmas Shoes" for a dying mom.

Anyway, just how I'm feeling.

"Mom and Dad, I miss you every day, but I know you still watch over me.  The boys have grown and are doing great because of what you did for them.  I wish you could be here to see how they are.  I'm finally happy and Kain is a wonderful man.  Dad, you were right - he is a good person and loves me unconditionally.  Tell Grandma and Danice "hi" for me.  And take care of Stevie - he hasn't been there very long and I know he misses home."

Family ... hug them, kiss them, and tell them everyday how much you love them.  You never know just how soon it could be till you can't do it face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment