Friday, July 25, 2014

Shakespeare



Going back to college after 30 years has been an adjustment.  My Comp 1 class has reinvigorated my love for writing again.  I’ve found out that I still know how to write and do a good job of it.

So now my professor is getting us ready for Comp 2.  We are reading “Macbeth.”  I love Shakespeare, I have since a young age when I first read “Romeo & Juliet” and saw a performance of “Hamlet.”

Reading Shakespeare brings back memories … the trip to Stratford Upon Avon in high school, performing in Summer Stock, trying to teach my kids what it’s all about.

And now, new memories.  It’s like reading it again for the first time.  It’s kind of funny how getting older changes your perspective on life.

Oh well … off to class.  Enjoy your day … no matter what “hurly-burly” may come your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment