Monday, August 4, 2014

Another Monday's Ramblings

Week 2 of vacation has started - and may I say rather early.  Dogs woke me up at 3:30 a.m. to do their thing and alas, I couldn't get back to sleep.  So here I am. 

The temps last week didn't make for easy work in the kitchen or anywhere else, so needless to say, I didn't get a lot done on my to do list.

Hopefully this week is better.

Getting books today for my next semester.  Thank God for grants or I don't know how I'd pay for $800-1000 worth of textbooks.  I hated having to take out loans to help us out, but with only working part time and hubby not being able to work (long story, can't go into details here), I didn't have a choice.  Two more semesters and then hopefully find a job that will help me make those payments.

I am really looking forward to this semester actually.  Ready for my classes to get started and finish learning what I need to get this degree.  Been a long time coming (going back after 30 years) but something that needed to be done.  When I lost my job in November 2011, I realized that if I was going to get any further than I was, I needed as least an Associate's to get there.  Will I go back and get my Bachelor's?  Haven't decided yet.  At my age, getting this much was quite the ordeal.

Well anyway, guess my Monday has begun - hopefully this week is fruitful and I can get done what needs to be before classes start on the 18th.

Take care - I hope you all have a great week!

Peace ~

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment