Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 2 & Thoughts on Day 1

Up early once again - not a bad thing.  I'm able to sign in to my online class (Human Resource Management) and get started on it.  Two classes today (Marketing & Small Business Management) and I'm ready to get them rolling.

Yesterday's class (Business Law) went really well.  Full roster - 24 students and one really fun teacher.  She used to practice law and has taught it for the past 13 years.  She uses a lot of stories so I think I'll get a lot out of it.

Students were really happy I had the office open for the afternoon.  Had quite a few coming in to use the computers and the copy machine.  You see all kinds at a community college - new students right out of high school, some coming back after not doing so well at the university level, and quite a few like me - non-traditional, older students, starting again after many years to find a new profession when the old one dried up or to finish what they started so long ago.  

It can be scary, after being out of school for over 30 years, to come back and start all over.  But I am having so much fun and I love learning again.  And I'm finding out that I'm darn good at it :)

Taking my Cricket (machine that cuts things out for me) to cut out the 50 letters that make up the new name of the office: Center for Workforce Development & Entrepreneurship.  My hand would be cramping cutting those out by hand!! LOL!  I have to design the new board in the hallway and the first step is getting the new name out there.  Transition - interesting, confusing, and full of learning new things and people.

I hope you all have a great day ... I plan on it.  

Peace ~

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're off to a positive start. That makes school much more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete