Monday, August 18, 2014

1st Day Back - Early Morning

7:45 on Monday morning - alarm is about ready to go off but I've been up since 6:15.  Must be anticipation of the new day, new classes, and working in a somewhat new office.

I've worked in the Career Center at Kansas City Kansas Community College since June 2013 as either a student worker or a summer worker.  But after July 24th of this year, both my director and office secretary have retired.  The office is being taken over by the Business Division and has been renamed: Center for Workforce Development and Entrepreneurship (CWD&E - as I so fondly call it).

New management, new ideas, new hours (not even sure what they are at the moment) ... and then me, the only "old" person from the "old" office.  I seriously think that's why they kept me around, but I'm okay with that. I'm used to the way the office works and hopefully that will be helpful in the transition stages.

I start my next to last semester at KCKCC and really excited about it.  I am taking Business Law I, Human Resource Management, Small Business Management, and Marketing.  I'm working towards my AAS, Business Administration degree and should graduate in May, 2015.  This is all lecture classes this semester (3 on-ground and 1 online) so it will be a lot of work, written and reading.  

So if I slack off writing on my blog or my posts start to sound educational, that is the reason!

I hope you all have a great week and when this day is over, I'll let you know how it went.

Peace ~

2 comments: