Saturday, April 19, 2014

Tell me what aches … What do you ache for and what aches for you?

Writing Prompt ~ Tell me what aches.

Start first with the concrete – your back, knee, toe, ear, wrist, head. What about a stomach ache, when do you get them?

Now move on to the other, less obvious injury: heartache.
 
Then other things that ache : trees, history, mountains, war, bicycles, roads and the sea. What do you ache for and what aches for you?

Go for ten minutes and then share what you discovered.  Here is what I found – I would love to hear what you are thinking about!!!

My head, not just the usual headache, but my sinuses blocked up. The pain reminds me of a fight between Mario and Luigi on Super Mario Bros. One side gets smashed with a sledgehammer and then the other side gets hit. Back and forth, like ping pong or tennis game, wondering if it’s ever gonna stop.

Heartache, an excruciating pain. It’s not physical, one that someone can see, but enough to make me clutch my chest when something tries to break my heart. The last one that really hurt was a few weeks ago when my goddaughter took her life. She left behind a 2 month old angel and a devastated mother, my best friend. The earth shattering cries that came out while I held her tore my heart into so many pieces that I’m not sure it will ever be put back together.

I ache for the clean, brisk air of the lake and the wide open 5 acres we have. The babbling brook running through the back of the property is full of frogs that sing in harmony with the crickets and birds. We are off the beaten path so no one is around to watch us bathe in our redneck hot tub or sit out in our jammies around the Mexican Chimnea to feel the heat of the fire within. The silence brings peace to my soul while I watch the millions of stars in the midnight blue sky. They call to me, asking me to come back and sing my songs and wish another wish. And all the while, the moon shines bright, lighting my way along the gravel road to our little peace of heaven at the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment